Hodkin & Company Solicitors & Notary Public Home |01342 325765
Will guide - online offer
About Us Notary Public Telephone Wills Contact Us
What our clients say

Administration of Estates on Death

When someone dies leaving a will in which they appoint an executor or executors, that is the person or persons who are responsible for ensuring that their wishes are carried out. They usually have to obtain from the court what is known as a grant of probate. We are able to be executors, or to act for executors, and as required obtain a grant of probate and help administer the estate.

If someone dies without leaving a will that is called an intestacy. There is no executor, and it is necessary for the court to appoint someone to administer the estate. This is known as a grant of letters of administration. There are strict rules on who can be appointed, and also concerning how the property must be divided when there is no will. We can provide advice on these matters, obtain the grant of letters of administration and help administer the estate.

To discuss your requirements simply call us on (01342) 325765 or send us an e-mail.